Thursday, August 15, 2024

Calm For The Home



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


Anything that makes my life a little easier, a little cleaner, a little calmer, and a little more natural ... I'm here for it. Enjoy perusing my most recent home buys that accomplish that and more. Maybe you're in the market for a few of these items and I'll spare you the research. :)

Wool Dryer Balls




Here's your sign to ditch those toxic dryer sheets and use wool dryer balls to naturally soften your fabric! I've used other types in the past, but these are high quality, large, and come in a nice storage bag. They dry my clothes faster by moving the fabric around, and you can add essential oils to them if you need that extra scent you're missing from your unscented laundry detergent!


Essential Oils

These kits are nice because they have little bottles you can try out and it's not too much of a waste if your 4 year old finds them and dumps them out everywhere. Here are a few sets I've purchased.

Cliganic -4pk



Laguna Moon - 6pk



Pure Essentials - 6pk


I use Lemon Grass/Orange for homemade cleaners, or in my diffuser to make my house smell delicious and refreshing. I use Lavender on my pillows or in a bath for a calming effect. And I use the Peppermint/Eucalyptus in my diffuser all the time whenever someone gets sick. They relieve sinus congestion, help with aches and pains, headaches, etc.


Diffuser


Which brings us to the diffuser I use. This is such a great model, but there are hundreds out there. We bought the white one, and the kids love the different LEDs it can cycle through. It's kind of shaped like an onion, so when we turn the red light on, we call it "angry onion" and the kids laugh and laugh. Auto shut-off is a good feature. This is a great size to start off with. I highly recommend!


Under Bed Storage



Let's get organized, people! I was looking for ways to store my bulky winter clothes without hauling huge plastic bins up and down from the basement each season. These hold SO MUCH, I only needed ONE. Can you believe it? I bought the 4pk which was completely unnecessary, but now I've got 3 more I can use for other things, like extra sheets/pillows/bedding. Under bed storage is where it's at! So convenient.


Comforter


Lastly, if you're in the market for a comforter, this one is really great. I bought one for my daughter to try, then I had to buy one for myself because I liked it so much. Be advised, this comforter ships cryo-sealed, and when I opened it, I thought it was the biggest rip off. But after a wash/dry, this blanket is pillowy soft, full and fluffy! (Maybe it was because of my wool dryer balls!!) You won't be disappointed. Also, pro tip, buy the Full/Queen blanket for a Twin bed, or a King blanket for a Queen bed to get the look like the picture with plenty of overhang.



Happy shopping!

Xoxo Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment