Friday, February 18, 2011

Tidbits

Wow. I am breathing the most wonderful air. The last two days have been uncharacteristically in the 60’s as opposed to the normal 20-30 degrees we’ve been feeling. I just got home from work to happily find my husband has opened every window in our apartment. The breezes flowing through our home have completely rejuvenated my soul. Everyone at work kept telling me not to get too excited, and that tomorrow’s high of 29 was bound to damper my spirit. But I don’t care! Today is beautiful and that’s all that matters today.

In addition to this incredible air I am breathing, I am excited about two other tidbits I’d like to share with you. First, is the incredible, the extraordinary, the unquestionably talented … Jessie J. My dear friend Joe pointed her out to me on YouTube a while back, and since then, I have really loved listening to her songs. She is super catchy, and her ghetto fabulous style has me groovin’ to all of her music. But what I like the best about Jessie J is that she has a powerhouse voice that can command any riff, and her writing always leads where I was hoping it would go. That’s refreshing to me. Very few artists have the talent/“cojones” to musically go where I prefer. ;)

I have her videos saved as YouTube “favorites” (very few people make that list) and play them on my iPod all the time. Her first CD “Who You Are” comes out April 12th. I love the fact that I am officially pre-ordering a CD! I’ve never known about an artist early enough to ever do that before! I feel like this is a step in the right direction.

My second tidbit is about the new movie “Something Borrowed” opening May 6. Another first for me, I have read a book that has been turned into a movie … before the movie has come out! The novel, by Emily Giffin, was randomly loaned to me by my cousin Julie a while back. I have since read and bought Emily Giffin’s other books, and now follower her on facebook and twitter. I am officially a fan. You can imagine my excitement when I discovered a movie was being made. Is this how people that constantly read best sellers must feel? A book they enjoyed is now being turned into a movie! Will it do the book justice? Will it fail completely? Big deal, Blah blah, it has happened before, and it will happen again. BUT NO! This is a first for me, so I will be at the theater opening night, with Zach and anyone else who will join us, with bells on. :)

So there you have it. I have two things that are coming up to be excited about. Oh, wait … 3 if you count the beautiful air! I know a cold front is coming tomorrow, but in a month or two every day will be this nice out. I can’t wait.

Xoxo Liz


p.s. My favorite Jessie J YouTube links ...
p.p.s. "Something Borrowed" trailer ...


4 comments:

  1. I love to read your blog so much, and I can't wait to go to the theater with you and eat popcorn. Keep writing, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for agreeing to see a chick flick with me, my love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love air, movies and music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Jessie J is fantastic! She reminds me of you.

    ReplyDelete